Friday, April 30, 2010

spring//wood//blurring//movement

one month (incomplete) from Bonnie Veblen on Vimeo.


hello again, after a several month absence. I have not been posting because I haven't known what to be writing or making for that matter, and I am finally working on editing a video that I would like to share. I have been taking photos//footage for the last few months but it has mostly been sitting on my hard drive as I collect and collect and collect images, not really knowing what they are for. Tonight I started making a video out of what I've taken in the last month here. I have been thinking a lot about blur--seeing and not seeing at the same time--and it is spring which is an apt time to be thinking about this, as wood energy rises and we all begin to move and vibrate after a long winter. It is a time for both blurring vision with such frenetic activity, as well as clearing vision as we birth and grow. There is a push and pull, a tension in the air, a vibrancy. Everything is pushing, pousser, growing out of its old self, birthing, always moving, even when we are still we are moving, moving.



In terms of how far along this video is, I would say, perhaps 35% overall. Visually, I would say it's 85% there, but I'm not exactly sure where it should end, whether here is far enough or if my most recent moon rising sequence and fully-leafed-out-silver-maple sequence should be in there, too. My most most recent things are not meant for this, they are something different, so it's a matter of sifting through, and trying a lot of options, per usual. Then there is sound, which is done in the same fashion--I am contemplating actually making some music by mixing and editing, and perhaps even covering some tracks I have been, admittedly, obsessively listening to lately (mostly from Trois Colours soundtracks, Rouge and Bleu, especially), because they are so full of the edginess that this time of year embodies. I expect it may end up being highly layered in parts and sparser in others--but these are just ideas.

My important questions right now are about how to end it visually. Do I leave things at a cusp, vibrating and then boom it's just over? Do I try to find rest, even a heightened energy state where it remains for a little bit?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete