Tuesday, September 15, 2009

thoughts (towards a potential artist statement)..from Thursday or thereabout

gather, gather. to bring together.

in my left hand I gather all the pieces, the fragments, remains of my past. I find the strands, invite them in, in, slide along one another, these spider’s web strands, the dew coming together, giving off momentary bursts of luminescence as the sun shines through, and all the liquid darkness of the sea as they are enveloped in shadow. in my left hand, in my left hand, I gather you here. in my right hand I gather all the could- and would-be’s of what is to come. I gather those strands, too. sliding them along eachother, a deep vaccum of possibilities, empty spaces of light and dark, filling and emptying one another, the tides shift in and out, in and out, all the breaths to come. in out, in you come. in my right hand, my right hand, I gather you here. I bring my hands together. I hold this gossamer web of light and shadow, my past and future, my mother’s past and future, my father’s, and mer’s knee, mary’s bright eyes, our home and my grandmother on the beach, a morning dove, mourning dove. a thousand moments forgotten unknown, all of time resting between my hands. I open my eyes. here. ça va. (it goes.)

enchantée. enchanted. I am chanted, chanter. sung. I am being sung, flowed along this river. a river is flowing me. a song is singing me.

sound, sound, resound. I am being sung by this harmony and dissonance. I am being sung by this I do not know where it is going what it is but it is breathing me and now I cannot help but follow, follow, I lie fallow, unable to sound, to speak, please please, let go of my throat, let me breathe my own breath that is your breath that is feeding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment