Monday, November 16, 2009

final project proposal

I have been continuing to take series of photographs of landscapes as well as my lung x-ray, which I intend to make into videos similar to the way in which I made my previous video honestly don’t know. They will be three separate works, between 2 and 4 minutes long. The subject of the first is my lung x-ray which I have been carrying with me the last few weeks and photographing it while holding it in front of the sun in different landscapes. In this video, I intend to make repetitive sequences of the light moving through my air-tract and heart. For the sound, I will use a more lengthy cut-up of writings that speaks about the relation of body to earth and will record my own voice speaking for this.

For the second video, I took many sequences of images as I traveled between countries over the break, and intend to work with these to create a video concerning stability and disorientation in moving through landscapes. This is related to the last video I am working on in which I have been returning to one spot in the woods for the last several weeks and taking series of photos as the woods have changed in color and quality of light with fall coming on here. In this video, I would like to cut between views of the same spot with and without leaves, showing the same place in different times, and showing the repetitive engagement with a single place I have had. For the sound, I will make voice recordings of thoughts I have been writing the last few weeks, concerning stillness and movement through time and life. For example, “where did we come from? where are we going?” I am also working on paintings of the trees in this spot, and would like to display the video and a painting in tandem together. The video will be projected on the wall next to the painting so that it is the same size, each measuring approximately 3’ x 4’ so that the viewer is able to enter the two views. This will most likely be the final project that I present to the class, though the other videos may help me clarify ideas for this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment